What Is The Best Way To Insulate a Shed?
Content: Why You Should and The Best Way to Insulate a Shed
Insulating sheds could be deemed a necessity, particularly for those who use their sheds to home things such as electronics and specialist tools. If you have a shed that houses invaluable things, whatever they may be – you need to insulate.
Why do I Need To Insulate my Shed?
It is critical that your tools and electronics are not subject to extreme high / low temperatures. The internal temperature should be kept constant. It is also crucial that the shed is damp free too.
What Is The Best Way To Insulate a Shed?
You realise you should Insulate your Shed, but what product and method should you use? Some methods, such as PIR, Rockwool etc. can be used – but they do bring significant drawbacks, as you will see below.
- Rockwool – although a good insulator it is irritable on the eyes and the skin and protective equipment is required for the installation e.g. face masks. It is also messy, both to install and when installed.
- PIR – is another option, again it is a good insulator however it is quite thick, so if space is critical (and in most cases where storage is concerned, space is definitely critical) it is not a good option.
At SuperQuilt Insulation, we are experts in insulation and have analysed all insulation solutions on the market. We therefore understand which products are effective whilst also being easy to install. We also take in to account that our customers are keen to utilise all the space they can!
That is why , we have created complete DIY Shed Insulation Kits which accounts for all of the above. Both our DIY Shed Insulation Kits make the installation as easy as possible for you / your customer.
The two DIY Shed Insulation Kits we Offer:
TOP TIP: Choose the DIY Kit that is most suited to the sheds purpose.
We advise that you opt for the EcoTec Shed Insulation Kit if you are looking to use the building for storage, greenhouses etc. Where as the EcoPro Shed Insulation Kit should be purchased if you are looking at turning your shed /summerhouses into usable living spaces (Offices, Gyms and Workshops)
Purchase our EcoTec Shed Insulation Kit – Here
- The Kit Includes 4mm thick Highly Reflective Insulation, made from True Aluminium Foil
- The Rolls can be purchased in either: 1.5 x 25m rolls (Covering 37.5m2) OR 1.05 x 50m rolls (Covering 52.5m2)
- The Insulation is thin and therefore flexible and easy to install
- High Performing Vapour Control Layer
- Insulating Air Bubble Membrane
Purchase our higher performing DIY Shed Kit; the EcoPro Shed Insulation Kit – Here
- Roll size: 1.5 x 10m EcoPro Insulation (15m²)
- Highly Reflective Multifoil Insulation, consisting of 6 layers.
- The Insulation supplied is 15mm in thickness, compressing to just 6mm
- High Performing Vapour Control Layer (when fully sealed with ThermaSeal Foil Tape)
- Equivalent to 50mm of Rigid Board such as Kingspan and also to 100mm of Rockwool
- Suitable for all types of Garden Buildings
Why do our DIY Shed Insulation Kits make it so easy?
- You receive all the necessary items that are required to complete the installation,
- Specifically Includes: Highly Reflective Foil Insulation Roll(s) Including A Knife, ThermaSeal Foil Joining Tape and A Heavy Duty Staple Gun Kit (Including Staples).
- To install our product, you do not require any kind of protective equipment and is is not messy.
- The products used in both the kits are also flexible and easy to install, unlike bulky alternatives.
- The Insulation material not only saves on space but it also aesthetically pleasing as how your shed looks is an important point to consider and can also be left exposed without Plywood / Plasterboard or Hardboard.
- We offer a Next Working Day Delivery Service, to anywhere in the UK Mainland.
We have made this as easy as possible for you / your customer to install. So why not purchase today?
EcoTec Shed Insulation Kit – Here
EcoPro Shed Insulation Kit – Here
Watch ‘How To Insulate Your Shed’ here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMoeqeyjUis&feature=emb_title .